Final reminders ahead of Monday 29th June 2020
We are looking forward to welcoming pupils back next week and are excited to see them after the three month closure of schools. Today we have received confirmation from the Local Authority that we have met all requirements to ensure our school is safe for the return of pupils and staff. The final risk assessment is now available in the documents section of the OurSchools App, as well as on our website under 'News and Events', followed by Newsletters.
May I thank you for your patience to this point. I am very proud of the staff team for the work that has been put in over the past few weeks in preparing the school, as well as continuing to manage the added challenge of continuing to run the childcare hub for our and neighbouring schools.
Ahead of Monday, please see below for some key reminders ahead of our pupil's return to school:
- Please only come to school if you have received confirmation and the arrangements from your child's class teacher. If you attend and have not informed us that you wished to return, your child/ren will be unable to enter the school building and we will look to add them to the class list for the following week.
-All pupils need a packed lunch. The kitchen is not open and we are unable to prepare food for the next three weeks.
-All parents/carers will need to complete a Health Risk Assessment for their children on the first visit back to school meaning older pupils need to be accompanied by an adult for this first visit.
-Please apply sun cream if hot weather before pupils arrive at the school.
-An administrations of medicine form will need to be completed if you require us to support your child/ren with any medication on arrival next week.
Dropping off and Collection:
- No vehicles are permitted on school site (apart from staff vehicles).
- Please can all visitors follow the one way system in place and wash hands using the sinks placed outside on arrival at school site.
- Please arrive for drop off and collection in the 15 minute window you have been given to ensure minimum traffic on site. Arriving outside of this window may result in staff asking you to wait in your vehicle until the last arrival / collection time.
- Please ensure you maintain 2 metre social distancing at all times when on site.
- Please do not congregate on school site so we can keep traffic to a minimum at all times.
- Please ensure only one family member drops off and collects (those with the challenge of having younger children can bring them on site, we kindly ask that you consider other pedestrians and try to ensure they remain close to you so we can maintain 2 metre distancing for all).
-If you are accessing the childcare hub, please arrive between 8.15am - 8.35am via the Nursery classes (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) and the Main Entrance (Tuesday and Friday).
-The childcare hub will be closed from 4pm each day.
-If you wish to apply for places, you will need to contact the school to acquire the link to the application. This system will continue to be managed by the Local Authority and school will allocate places weekly.
Once again, thank you for your continued support and patience, I am aware I am sending a lot of information out to you and there are a number of changes to the way we normally operate. Your working with us has been very much appreciated.
We look forward to seeing you all soon,